We will be holding our annual Silent Auction this year and we need your help gathering donations from local businesses to auction off to raise money. Our goal for the auction is to connect our CWC community with local businesses and raise $10,000. It is so exciting that businesses, travel, and activities are all opening up. We want to help those businesses get back on their feet and give our community the opportunity to enjoy their services.
The silent auction is a wonderful opportunity for our communities to support each other – raising money helps keep the CWC model and our staff intact and our community can help support businesses through this tough time. Ask your favorite business or service provider to donate an item (or several) to our silent auction.
Here are templates to help reach out to the community:
- Download and customize the Silent Auction Donation Letter HERE
- Download the Silent Auction Form HERE
- Utilize Email Templates HERE
- Enter your Silent Auction Donation online HERE
- Using the online submission will provide more accurate data and also lighten the load of our silent auction volunteers.
- Please note that you will need to sign into SchoolAuction.net in order to enter your auction item. This will allow you to donate to the event as well as to bid at the auction when the time comes.
- Please use this link to sign in and enter your auction items: https://cwcmarvista.org/donatesilentauction
If you have questions or physical items to donate, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donate Silent Auction items by June 4th
We are asking that each family contribute at least one item to our silent auction. Check out all of the ways you can help out below.
1 – Join the Committee – If you would like to help reach out to local businesses, enter donated items, pick up donated items, and help with post-auction outreach and delivery, please reach out to email@example.com
2 – Host an Event or Experience – Anyone in the community can offer to host an event where participants can buy in. It is a great way to get to know other parents, it’s super-fun, and you are helping our school! Now that many people are vaccinated and restrictions are lifting, it is a great time to be able to gather again. Here are some ideas:
- Gourmet dinner party
- Game night
- Kids art party in the park
- Teach someone a skill
- Escape room party
3 – Reach out to Businesses – ask your favorite business for an item or gift certificate. Call, email, or drop by in-person. We have a letter and form that you can present in-person or share our online donation form. Not sure where to start? We have a list of prospects with contact information, just contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Places to ask:
- Dance/Karate studios
- Salons – hair, nails, etc.
- Pet daycare
- Yoga studios/Gyms
- Ice cream/dessert shops
4 – Personally Donate Items – If you have any services or items you’d like to donate, fill in the information directly on our donation form. Email email@example.com to coordinate item drop off. Examples of items:
- Wine – we auction off mystery bottles – you won’t know what you’ll get, but you know it will be good!
- AirBnB rentals – Palm Springs, Joshua Tree, Mammoth, we all want to get away now that we can. If you have a place or know someone who does, consider donating a weekend getaway.
- Tickets to shows – we have many of our families who work in “the industry”. If you have access to tickets, or cool swag from a music production or show, consider donating!
- Travel and hotel stays
- Baskets – each grade is creating a themed basket – reach out to your Room Parent to donate an item or cash to put the baskets together. You can get really creative here! Gourmet cooking baskets, wine baskets, gardening, movement/dance/yoga, tea, cocktails, auto, pets…the sky’s the limit! Here are some great ideas.
Thank you for helping make the last fundraiser of the year a success. If you have any questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org .