Lunch Program Coordinator
The mission of Citizens of the World Charter School –Mar Vista (CWCMV) is to provide a socio-economically, culturally and racially diverse community of students in the heart of Mar Vista with an intellectually challenging, experiential learning environment that develops each individual student's confidence, potential, and individual responsibility as citizens of the world in which we live. Having opened in September 2013, we are about to begin our second year of operation with 264 students in grades K- 3. We will continue to add grades in the coming years until we ultimately serve 660 students in K-8. We are seeking a part-time Lunch Program Coordinator who will manage our lunch ordering and purchasing system.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monthly setting up of lunch menus with our food vendor
- Occasional ordering and restocking of the various lunch supplies needed to serve food (trays, utensils, napkins, etc.)
- Sending out menus on a monthly basis to our entire school community
- Setting up streamlined systems for organizing incoming monthly orders and payments
- Managing billing system to easily collect payment and track/reconcile past due balances
- Setting up a whole school or grade level system for weekly volunteer squads
- Training volunteer squads on the systems for checking out, serving and managing the lunch period in compliance with the requirements of the National School Lunch Program
- Following up with lunch volunteers to remind people of their volunteer commitment and to ensure a robust team of helpers for each week at school
- Providing back up help and support on any day when a volunteer squad or team of TA’s needs additional help during the lunch block
- Recording/tracking of past meal consumption for reporting and compliance purposes
The ideal Lunch Program Coordinator will have:
- Experience organizing, developing, refining and managing of systems that are put in place
- Experience with customer service and accounts payable
- Experience working or volunteering within elementary schools.
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Fluency in a second language ideal (Spanish and Korean as priority languages).
- Experience collaborating with others
- Excellent communications/interpersonal skills
- Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and can-do attitude
- A love of young children and a commitment to our progressive charter school
CWC offers a competitive hourly rate for this position of $12.00/hour for a total of 12 hours per week (or 48 hours per month). We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and, as a school serving a diverse group of students, we work to reflect this diversity in our staff as well.
Interested applicants should email with the following materials attached:
- Cover letter
*** Please note: When sending materials, please use the following subject line for your email: Lunch Program Coordinator Position
No phone calls please.